John Huffaker is a life direction coach and Minnesota licensed psychologist. Having practiced as a psychotherapist for over 35 years, he decided to branch out into personal/life coaching 15 years ago. He has now been providing life direction coaching at EarthSky BodyMind Center since its beginning. Helping individuals and couples to discover and follow their path in work, relationships and creativity is his passion. Retreat options for individuals and couples follow.
Life Direction Individual Retreat
Unplug from the daily routine to explore your direction in life, including your work, relationships and creative interests. Whether you are in a life transition such as divorce, work dislocation, retirement or just interested in finding more meaning and purpose, a weekend of life coaching sessions can shed some light and help to establish greater clarity and direction.
Prior to your weekend visit you will be asked to answer some questions pertaining to your goals, as well as taking an online personality questionnaire called The Enneagram.
There will be two sessions of life coaching, an hour and one-half Saturday and a follow-up hour on Sunday. The first session will include a discussion of your personality type and how that impacts your goals, as well as clarifying your desires and the steps needed to accomplish your goals. The second session will provide time to review what you've learned and to establish a plan to implement your goals when you return home.
During your spare time you will have the opportunity to enjoy walking our trails, biking, sightseeing in the area as well as enjoying some restful down-time.
The fee for your weekend of life coaching is $450. The lodging fee is extra, will depend on the season and can be found on our B&B or Cottage website pages. See the details of the coaching process below.
Review & Renew Couples Retreat
Take time to renew your relationship during a two-night stay at Journey Inn, an eco-retreat. Spend two sessions (two and one-half hours) of life direction coaching with John Huffaker, reflecting on where you are, reviewing where you've come from and deciding where you'd like to go as a couple. For some couples this involves a relationship tune-up, while for others more significant changes may be helpful.
John will help you to develop greater understanding of yourselves and each other, to recognize your relationship strengths and challenges. He will provide tools and insights that will enhance your intimate partnership.
In advance of your visit, you will be asked to answer several questions about your goals for your couples coaching session and to take The Enneagram questionnaire, a personality system that will add depth to your knowledge of yourselves and each other.
During your time here we will invite you to enjoy our onsite labyrinth, ride our bikes, snowshoe, hike our trails or explore the beautiful Mississippi River Valley region.
The fee for your Review and Renew weekend retreat is $550. The lodging fee is extra, will depend on the season and can be found on our B&B or Cottage website pages.
The Life Coaching Process:
• Make contact via email or phone to discuss what you want to explore in individual or couples life direction coaching.
• Schedule your weekend meeting time with John, then reserve your lodging at Journey Inn, an eco-retreat or The Cottage.
• Complete The Enneagram personality on-line questionnaire, a tool that will provide personality information about you (and your partner for couples Review & Renew).
• Meet with John for 1 1/2 hours on Saturday, clarifying expectations, reviewing your personality type, then establishing goals, steps and a workable plan.
• Meet for a final, follow-up session of 1 hour on the following Sunday to review what may have arisen since the initial meeting. You will then fine tune a working plan to take home (additional time may be scheduled for this follow-up meeting in some cases).
• Receive The Wisdom of the Enneagram book to take home.
• Arrange follow-up phone sessions if ongoing life coaching is desired.
At times it may be helpful to customize your life coaching retreat to best fit your needs, something we can work out together, so please inquire. To reserve your life coaching individual or couples retreat, or for any questions, call 715-448-2424 or email us.