Nourishment of body, mind and spirit begins with a hearty morning meal.
Served from 7:00 - 9:00 a.m.
Begin your day at Journey Inn with a breakfast buffet, including: homemade organic granola, whole grain sourdough bread (baked in a wood-fired outdoor oven) from a local farm, organic fruit salad and yogurt, farm fresh free-range eggs, organic juice, tea & coffee (fair trade and organic, fresh roasted at a local food co-op).
Food, and it’s production, affects the whole web of life – from feeding our bodies, to the quality of our land, air & water. Cooking with whole grains, fresh fruits & vegetables, local milk, cheese and meat, connect us with the essentials of life. As we buy, cook, serve and eat, we are nourished, both supporting the earth, farmers and growers and our own life journeys.
An 11:00 organic brunch is available upon request ($15 per person, per meal). Please notify us at least a week in advance.
Sample Brunch Menus: Menus change with seasonal ingredients and are enhanced with herbs and vegetables from our garden.
1) Winter greens frittata, roasted root vegetables, locally made sausage.
2) Chicken wild rice or white bean soup, English muffins topped with olive & sun-dried tomato tapenade, mashed yams.
1) Spring greens salad, asparagus, steamed snap peas, herbed baked eggs
2) Cashew mushroom soup, quinoa salad, steamed new veggies.
1) Grilled chicken salad over local greens, steamed green beans, tomato soup.
2) Summer squash and peppers egg sauté, tomato/cucumber salad with toasted sunflower seeds.
1) Squash soup, zucchini cheese cornmeal squares (with or without bacon), sautéed greens & garlic
2) Autumn frittata with turkey ham, roasted vegetables, Asian coleslaw
Dessert with all meals - fruit salads or stewed fruit with yogurt. Gluten-free, vegan & vegetarian diets are available upon request.